ECE Virtual Lab Pool
The ECE Virtual Lab is a project that will allow students to access Georgia Tech and ECE licensed software remotely.
The ECE virtual pool now has 128 dedicated virtual machines for ECE.
If you have any questions, please be sure to check the Virtual Lab FAQs.
- The maximum connection time to a virtual desktop is limited to 16 hours. After 16 hours have elapsed, you will be logged out in order to provide fair access to other students.
- Should you stay disconnected for more than 8 hours from your desktop session (e.g. Citrix receiver disconnected), your session will be automatically logged out.
- Go to https://mycloud.gatech.edu
- Log on with your AD username and password.
If you do not know your GT Account username, follow the link on the passport web page for "I don't know my username".
- First time only:
- In Internet Explorer, you will need to install the CitrixCA Client Object (ActiveX Win32)
- Read and accept the Citrix license agreement
- Click the Download button
- Save the .msi file on your machine and run the installation
- If you see a screen asking to "Enter your work email or server address", click the Cancel button.
- Restart your machine
- Add to trust
- In Internet Explorer, add https://mycloud.gatech.edu to your
Trusted sites list
- Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab
- Select Trusted sites and click the Sites button
- Type https://mycloud.gatech.edu in the box for "Add this website to the zone"
- Click the Add button to put it in your list of Websites
- Click the Close button to close the Trusted site window
- Click the OK button to close the Internet Options window
- In Linux
- Download the Root 2 certificate(s) (called GeoTrust Global CA) from http://www.geotrust.com/resources/root-certificates/index.html
- Put them in ~/ICAClient/linuxx86/keystore/cacerts
- Rename them so they have .crt extensions
- In Internet Explorer, add https://mycloud.gatech.edu to your Trusted sites list
- Go back to https://mycloud.gatech.edu and login again with your GT AD account
- Click on ECE_CurrentSemester where CurrentSemester is the current semester (for example, ECE_Spring12).
- Your virtual machine will start in a new window
- For Students, use the same path specified in the web page for accessing
your z-drive remotely, in order to access your z-drive in this virtual
- When you are done working on the virtual machine, log off of Windows (Start menu > Log Off).
For more detailed instructions, view the VLab PDF documentation.
Last revised August 26, 2014